Saturday, February 20, 2010

Starting Vera's Version

Gosh, I can't believe it.  I finally got the nerve to create my blog.  My intention has been to do so for over a year.  Somehow it was so hard to actually do this thing which is proving much easier than I had anticipated.

Perhaps that is another of those Life Lessons.  Things usually aren't as big and scary as they seem from a distance.  When you are up-close-and-personal with whatever it is (unless perhaps it is a vampire, werewolf or a baby's dirty diaper), the THING that has made you hesitate so long is not really a big THING at all, but a small, little ghost of itself.  The fear that held you back drifts off like a wisp of smoke in the breeze of accomplishment, and you wonder...why did I hesitate so long?

Note that I have craftily substituted You rather than own the problem as my own.  Anyone relate?

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your blog Vera Jane. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not scary at all. Congrats and enjoy. It's a great deal of fun and it IS writing, after all.

    P.S. For some reason, it took a loooooong time to download. Anyone else have that problem?

    ReplyDelete